The Children, Young People and Families Directorate of Hunter New England Local Health District integrates a range of health care services designed to meet the ever-changing health needs of babies, children, young people and their families.
This single network brings together the vast range of hospital and community-based services in the Lake Macquarie, Upper and Lower Hunter, Port Stephens, Lower Mid North Coast and Greater Newcastle regions. Children's services at hospitals across the region include, John Hunter Children's Hospital, Manning, Maitland, Cessnock, Kurri Kurri, Muswellbrook, Scone and Singleton as well as a wide range of community-based services including mental health.
What we do
The Children, Young People and Families Directorate links clinical services for children, young people and their families, with professional disciplines within the geographic regions of the Hunter and New England. The network is responsible for providing an accessible integrated system of health care throughout the region.
Children, Young People and Families Executive
- Dr Paul Craven - Executive Director
- Jason Simpson - General Manager/Director of Nursing
- Lucas Coleman - Communication, Fundraising and Volunteering Manager
- Elizabeth Moore - Deputy Director of Nursing
- Matt Frith - Director of Community, Partnerships and Integrated Services