Paediatric health professionals across Hunter New England actively engage in research projects to improve healthcare outcomes, treatments and the wellbeing of children and young people.
Clinicians and other health professionals undertake both independent research projects and also work with our partners at the Hunter Medical Research Institute and The University of Newcastle.
Hunter New England's Children, Young People and Families Directorate, the Hunter Medical Research Insitutue and The University of Newcastle have established and integrated research governance model to:
- Develop a clear and focused strategy for paediatric research
- Advocate for paediatric research and funding
- Develop higher levels of research capacity in paediatric research
- Increase the level of paediatric and child health research translation and collaboration
- Build connectivity and effective collaboration between adult and paediatric research
- Participate in the development of research strategy and resource prioritisation
While undertaking research in a variety of areas, there is a focus on national health priorities such as asthma, allergies, diabetes, obesity, cancer, injury and a healthy start to life.
View our current nursing research projects.