Bright Start (Child Development Clinic)
The Bright Start Clinic is a multi-disciplinary child development clinic for children 0-24 months of age who:
- May have been born prematurely.
- May not be achieving key steps in their development for example rolling, sitting, crawling, walking, talking and playing.
- May have problems with feeding / eating.
There is no charge for this service.
What services are provided?
This service provides a face-to-face specialised assessment and review service by a team of health professionals who work together to provide an assessment of your baby’s development. The team includes a Physiotherapist, a Speech Pathologist and an Occupational Therapist (your child may not need to be seen by all members of the team).
The team will also work closely with other professionals who are involved in the care of your child, including the Paediatrician, Child and Family Health Nurse, Counsellor or Genetic Counsellor, to provide a coordinated service that meets your child’s needs.
The Bright Start team will:
- assess and monitor your baby’s development and provide home practice ideas to assist with your baby’s development.
- refer your baby to appropriate services if required.
- provide support and information for you and your baby.
Location and contact details
To refer to the Bright Start (Child Development) Clinic phone:
(02) 6592 9536
The Bright Start service can be accessed in the following locations:
TAREE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE
64 Pulteney Street
TAREE NSW 2430
(02) 6592 9315
FORSTER COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE
14 Breese Parade
FORSTER NSW 2428
(02) 6539 6300